Forget the pumpkin-spiced latte. This super-creamy pumpkin pie smoothie is where it’s at. This smoothie works as an after-workout boost, an afternoon pick-me-up, or even as an on-the-go breakfast.
What You’ll Need
- Pumpkin puree: You can make your own if you’re really motivated, but just buying it in a can is totally fine, too.
- Plain or vanilla greek yogurt: Whole-fat is your friend when it comes to this recipe, but if that worries you, dairy-free yogurt is acceptable.
- Frozen banana: Using ice cubes can water down your smoothie. A frozen banana keeps your drink cold and adds a layer of creaminess.
- Oat milk: But any milk works, including almond, whole milk, or coconut milk.
- Nut butter: Pecan butter or cashew butter works really well. You can also use sunflower butter.
- Vanilla extract: A little kick of ‘nilla will go a long way!
- Pumpkin pie spices: The usual suspects: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice (or sub pumpkin pie spice).
The Good News
Here’s the great thing about this recipe: It takes 10 minutes to prep, and only one more step to create the pumpkin pie smoothie. That step is so easy that just about anyone can do it: Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and let ‘er rip. Okay, so maybe start the blender on low and then move to higher speeds. Find a good consistency and then lower the blender speed again. Once the smoothie is blended to your satisfaction, pour it in a glass, cup, or even a mason jar and enjoy. Now, here’s the breakdown of the ingredients with the precise measurements:
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon almond or pecan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch each of nutmeg, ginger and allspice
You Might Also Like: Made For The Thrill Of It: Nissan’s Lineup
The great thing about this pumpkin pie smoothie is that, in its finished form, it’s only about 320 calories. That means you can add in healthy options to make a nutrient-packed drink even richer with good things that will help your healthy body. Chia seeds are a great addition, as is vanilla protein powder. Drink up and enjoy!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.